Today we travelled to Reading where the owner of this rare AUQ engined Bora (1/23) required an instrument cluster swap. He dropped the car off to a “VAG specialist” in Maidenhead who spent two days attempting to carry out the dash swap and failing. The customer had a mission of picking his car up as he was miles away. Eventually he found our contact details. Upon arrival, we noticed the replacement cluster did not want to pair to the immobiliser. We discovered that the garage had corrupted the EEPROM (or software) on the clocks. Luckily we repaired the software and successfully carried out the swap. We made it look easy however this procedure could essentially “brick” the clocks. We enabled a few extras. Another very happy customer !